February 06, 2008

BE THE LIGHT

Chingboi Guite

Seems like yesterday when i used to fly with the colours of butterflies. But now i've fallen... so deep and so low feel somehow i know that i still will fall.At night i feel the darkness finding its way ti my insecurities. And i fear the night itself.
Sleep is all i can do to make me forget that there's a world under waiting for the souls of the lost; a world where the unsacrificial death of beauty's bound to be ignored.
Saw the sun rising and it's blinding me to the core. Felt myself shutting in as i dry my tears of the night and put a smile to fool the world - the world where the sacrifice of the chosen Lamb seems to be ignored.
Then i saw you there. All alone by yourself. And then i saw the lips that curved to frame a smile. But the eyes cast a shadow upon itself. Glad to know i'm not the only one who know something sure is wrong!
And i smile to myself.
I smile to myself because i know that there's no dawn without the darkness of night. I know i will rise again. And when i do, you will see me shine - shine against the ways of the world.
Yes, i will be the light - for sure i will be - brighter than ever, wiser than ever. Because you have taught me more than anything else.
Though you had rejoiced in my downfall, and fed on my fears of being rejected - i am here standing before you - stronger than ever.
I'll be here and prove to you that you, my dear failure, are my pillar of success. ©

No comments: